Volunteer to help collect food at your place of work, business, church, or community center. Call Isabella Gomez at (562) 283-1400 Ext 112
Help to rescue Food in Southern California and become a part of our growing volunteer community!
BECOME A HUNGER HERO
Warehouse Volunteer Form
Non-Profit Food Rescue
with Our Volunteers Help
Food Finders rescued over 22 million pounds of food in 2022.
99% of that rescued food gets delivered immediately from the food donor location to one of our recipient agencies who prepares and distributes it within 24 hours to those in need.
How to Become am Volunteer
- Please fill out the volunteer application linked HERE.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to setup your orientation.
- After finishing your orientation, you will be provided with a volunteer opportunity that matches your schedule and abilities.
You can be a part of this important work!
If you have questions about volunteering, contact Isabella Gomez firstname.lastname@example.org or call (562) 283-1400 x 112
Food Finders Volunteer Opportunities
- Warehouse Volunteer: Volunteer in our warehouse and help us sort donations, prepare family boxes, and distribute food to our partner nonprofit agencies.
- Food Rescue Hero: Help reduce food waste and hunger by collecting surplus food from businesses and donating it to local nonprofits in your area.
- Food 4 Kids Volunteer: Pack weekend meal bags for students across the LBUSD schools district to take home on Fridays to supplement their weekend meals.
- Community Marketplace Volunteers: The fourth Saturday of every month we need volunteers to help assemble grocery food bags from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM for distribution.
- Start a Food Drive: Collect food and hygiene items for our family box and distribution efforts at your office, school, home, or space.
- Event Volunteer: Throughout the year we have large events and food drives that always require volunteers to help before, during, and after the events.
- Administrative Volunteer: Join us as an Administrative Volunteer at our Los Alamitos office, where you can contribute your valuable skills to assist the Food Finders team with essential office tasks.
Why Volunteer At Food Finders?
Volunteering in America is a longstanding tradition that has made significant contributions to communities, organizations, and individuals. By dedicating your time and energy, you can help Food Finders in our mission to rescue edible foods, combat hunger in the community, and protect the environment by preventing food waste. Participating in this meaningful endeavor will leave you with a sense of pride and fulfillment.
Food Finders, deeply rooted in Southern California’s stunning landscape, operates in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles counties. By joining our cause, you will contribute to preserving the region’s natural beauty and caring for the local community by providing nourishment to families in need. Whether you are an individual, a family, a business, or an organized group, you are welcome to volunteer with Food Finders. We offer various opportunities for short-term and long-term commitments, allowing you to find a volunteering experience that suits your availability and interests!
What are the benefits of being a volunteer?
- Gaining knowledge about food waste and its environmental impact, and understanding the value of repurposing food for the benefit of food-insecure communities.
- Meeting like-minded individuals.
- Volunteering allows you to engage with the outdoors and learn about various nonprofits dedicated to Southern California residents.
Even though Food Finders’ volunteers are not direct employees, a simple application and guidance are provided to ensure inclusion in desired opportunities. Although volunteers contribute their services without pay, they may deduct out-of-pocket expenses on income tax returns within limits set by tax laws. Please consult a tax representative to determine if you can deduct car mileage expenses incurred from volunteer work. Learn more
Corporate volunteerism is a workplace-supported initiative that enables and encourages employees to participate in and volunteer their time and resources to give back to the community. Food Finders offers an opportunity for teams to have fun sorting and packing donated foods to help in our operations.
Sapphire Technologies came to the Food Finder’s warehouse to help us pack up Food 4 Kids bags during the last few weeks of school before the holidays. These bags would be delivered to 22 schools, providing critical weekend meals.