Partner Agency Coordinator
Food Finders has an opportunity for a talented individual who is passionate about food insecurity and food waste to join a fabulous team at our non-profit organization whose mission is to rescue food and to reduce food hunger. A Partner Agency Coordinator plays an essential role in placing rescued food in a network of Partner Agencies throughout Southern California. Strong dedicated customer service with clear communication skills, adaptability, and keen problem-solving skills are few qualities to become a successful Partner Agency Coordinator. Partner Agency Coordinator will also be accountable for contributing not only to the department’s goals but as well overall Food Finders’ mission, values, and organizational strategic plans. This position will work closely with our Food Acquisitions Manager other Partner Agency Coordinators and the Food Program Administrator.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Food Finders’ mission is to eliminate hunger and food waste by improving nutrition in food-insecure communities. We envision a community with zero hunger and zero food waste. We strive to make a positive impact on our community, the policies that govern it, and the environment we live in.
Our Core Values:
Community: We acknowledge that working with our community of food donors, volunteers, and partner agencies makes us a better organization. The key for us is everyone internally and externally believes in using their time, efforts, and capabilities to help feed those in need.
Responsibility: We understand we have a social and environmental responsibility. This is reflected by our efforts to reduce waste, rescue food, feed people, and support policies that address the roots of inequitable access to nutritious food and the cause of food waste in this country.
Adaptability: Food Finders places high importance on being an organization that adapts to the world around us. We are always learning, listening, and open to change so that we may best serve our community.
Integrity: To have integrity is to do what we say we will do. We refuse to jeopardize our ethical and moral standards when difficult situations arise and when less ethical opportunities are presented. This will always apply to the work we do, the people we partner with, and the community we serve.
As a Partner Agency Coordinator, you will enrich and embrace our Core Values into your daily duties and responsibilities.
- Work with the community of Partner Agencies in four different counties. Outreach for new agencies in designated areas and process of onboarding which includes orientation and training in Food Finders App.
- Provide great customer service with integrity. Review and analyze quarterly partner agency poundage reports and suggest food donation reroutes based on the number of people served and partner agency capacity.
- Support partner agencies by strategizing and implementing ways to build their capacity and effectiveness to help their clients. This includes participation in federal and state programs like SNAP and WIC.
- Conduct site visits of partner agencies to evaluate their needs, ensure safe food storage and handling, and the integrity of their food distribution program.
- Adapt and desire to learn or keep up to date with the ever-changing social climate that affects food justice, hunger relief, human services and sustainability issues. Be informative to educate our community of Partner Agencies and all stakeholders involved.
- Collaborate in staff meetings, special events and projects.
- Other specific duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment desired
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage numerous activities consistently
- Strong work experience of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Google Workplace (G Suite)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group
- Valid Driver License and insured vehicle
Food Finders provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Food Finders complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Food Finders expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Food Finders employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.