Volunteer Coordinator Internship
Volunteer Coordinator Internship
Our mission at Food Finders is to reduce hunger and food waste while improving nutrition in food-insecure communities. In the U.S., 35 million people, including 10 million children, do not know where their next meal will come from, yet 30 to 40% of our food supply is thrown away annually!
Our Core Values:
- Community: We acknowledge that working with our community of food donors, volunteers, and partner agencies makes us a better organization. The key for us is everyone internally and externally believes in using their time, efforts, and capabilities to help feed those in need.
- Responsibility: We understand we have a social and environmental responsibility. This is reflected by our efforts to reduce waste, rescue food, feed people, and support policies that address the roots of inequitable access to nutritious food and the cause of food waste in this country.
- Adaptability: Food Finders places high importance on being an organization that adapts to the world around us. We are always learning, listening, and open to change so that we may best serve our community.
- Integrity: To have integrity is to do what we say we will do. We refuse to jeopardize our ethical and moral standards when difficult situations arise and when less ethical opportunities are presented. This will always apply to the work we do, the people we partner with, and the community we serve.
Description: Food Finders, Inc. seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with Volunteer Recruitment, Coordination, and Management. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of volunteer management while working for a well-known community-based nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities: The person accepting this assignment will work closely with the Volunteer Services Coordinator and the Operations Director. Training will be conducted over the first seven days, with open-door access to the Volunteer Coordinator for follow-up questions and support.
Assisting with the outreach, coordinating, and scheduling volunteers for Food Finders Office, Warehouse, and Food Rescue Routes.
- Ensure Volunteers are properly utilized and engaged
- Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with Volunteer Recognition Activities
- Protect the organization’s values and individuals’ privacy by maintaining the confidentiality
- Assisting with Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Events
- Additional Duties would include:
- Volunteer recruitment research
- Other duties as requested
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Social Work, Environmental Sustainability)
- Previous internship or related experience in volunteer engagement and/or management is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Excel is highly desired.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff, volunteers, corporations, and families
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Food Finders and the agencies we serve
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, age, national origin, ethnicity, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected