Director, Marketing & Communications
Our mission at Food Finders is to reduce hunger and food waste while improving nutrition in food insecure communities. In the U.S. 35 million people, including 10 million children do not know where their next meal will come from yet 30 to 40% of our food supply is thrown away every year! We are seeking an experienced, inspiring, and dynamic leader who agrees we have an environmental and social responsibility to change this broken food system. A leader that is willing to roll-up their sleeves and lead by example. This leader will be responsible for the management and execution of Food Finders internal and external communication plans and marketing strategies that support our mission, strategic initiatives, programs and drive broader awareness and visibility. Our core values of Community, Responsibility, Adaptability and Integrity will drive customer satisfaction and execution of our strategic goals and objectives. Most importantly, this leader will be responsible for promoting Food Finders’ values, vision and mission in all communications. This is a full time position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Manage all company branding, marketing, including social media/digital, print, advertising, public relations, special campaigns and fundraising to drive better awareness and support.
- Develop marketing assets and curate compelling content for digital platforms that supports the donors needs, drives website traffic, builds brand trust and raises revenue.
- Oversee the development of the digital and social media strategy and day-to-day management and execution of campaigns. Create digital (PPC) and social media campaigns to support organizational goals, grow brand awareness, and drive website traffic with donors, volunteers and community partners.
- Collaborate and support internal departments in all design, creation and production of print and digital marketing and ensure all branding and messaging is consistent across all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement Marketing and Communications strategies and communication plan to support the goals of the organization and brand.
- Update website content as needed and act as primary point of contact with external website vendor.
- Cultivate and maintain a broad range of strong, responsive external partnerships, including vendors, media relationships, community partners and local business to support the building of community in the cities we serve.
- Develop analytics/KPI reporting for the Board and meet with the Board marketing committee as needed.
- Develop the annual budget for Marketing and Communications.
- Assist in fundraising strategy and events to enable the organizational growth.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications or equivalent with a minimum 2-4 years of progressive experience
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic, integrated marketing and communication plans that relate to a wide range of stakeholders (samples required)
- 2 year’s non-profit experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, Adobe, online analytics, Constant Contact, Canva, Microsoft Office and CRM platforms
- Exceptional project management and organization skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Treat people with respect; keeps commitment; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Commitment and passion of Food Finders mission, values and our organizational goals
Food Finders provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Food Finders complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Food Finders expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Food Finders employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. All visitors entering the building are required to wear a mask, we sanitize all surfaces daily, and sanitizer is located throughout the building.