Leftover Chicken, Tostada Cups
Wondering what to do with leftover chicken?
A dinner classic, chicken is a staple of any house, and often leaves extra for the rest of the week. Finding new ways to liven them up can become a challenge. Follow this recipe to make tonight’s leftovers better than yesterday’s family favorite.
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce, reduced-fat sour cream, chopped cilantro, diced avocado, sliced jalapeno, lime wedges, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions, sliced radishes, and pico de gallo or additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press warm tortillas into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pleating sides as needed. Spritz tortillas with additional cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Toss chicken with salsa. Layer each cup with beans, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 9-11 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.
2 tostada cups: 338 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
If you have a recipe you would like to share with us for #whywastewednesday, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to make an impact on reducing food waste and hunger help us grow our food rescue operations: Donate
#meatlessmonday #foodfindersinc #foodrescue #stopfoodwaste #reducehunger #improvenutrition #helpfoodinsecurecommunities #HelpEndHunger #Volunteer #Charity #fightinghunger #rescuingfood #Donate #makeanimpact
Taste of Home. (2022, March 31). Chicken tostada cups. Taste of Home.